9:00 to 5:00, What can Employers do about Diabetes?
More than 100 million U.S. adults are now living with diabetes or prediabetes, according to a new report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).The report finds that as of 2015, 30.3 million Americans – 9.4 percent of the U.S. population –have diabetes. Another 84.1 million have prediabetes, a condition that if not treated often leads to type 2 diabetes within five years.
Join, Linda Dingle, RN CDE who is currently practicing as a Public Health Nurse for Pima County Health Department in Tucson, Arizona to learn more about what you can do as an employer about diabetes.
- Ways to support employees with diabetes in the workplace
- Define reasonable accommodations in the workplace
- Evaluate safety risk in select workplace environments
Resources mentioned in the webinar:
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) For Employers!
- U.S Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- ADA Employment Position Statement
- Diabetes Medical Alert Card (PDF)
- On-Demand webinar access, slides, and video files are below
For more information, contact Sherry Haskins at: