(3 pts on CDC Scorecard)
Provide access to alcohol and other substance use screening followed by brief intervention and referral for treatment when appropriate.
- Alcohol E-Screening (The Community Guide)
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
(2 pts on CDC Scorecard)
Provide and promote free interactive educational programming that integrates health promotion with substance abuse prevention.
(1 pt on CDC Scorecard)
Have and promote a written policy banning alcohol and other substance use at the worksite.
- Develop a Policy (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
Provide educational materials that help workers understand the risks of alcohol and other substance use and guide them to receive help.
- Alcohol Use and Abuse (Mental Health America)
- Prescription Drug Misuse (National Safety Council)
- Addiction Recovery (Recovery.org)
- Get Help (National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence)
Discourage or limit access to alcohol or use of company funds for alcohol at work-related events.
Provide a health plan with insurance benefits that include substance use disorder prevention and treatment.