Heart Health @ Work
When it comes to fighting heart disease and stroke – not all worksite wellness programs are created equally.
Kerrin Kleinschmidt, Senior Community Impact Director for American Heart Association, is back to bring some of the ‘best practices’ to move your worksite wellness program from ‘adequate’ to ‘excellent’. Whether you work for an organization of 5 or 5,000, you’ll find information that can help you. There’s much more to heart healthy employees than providing healthy food at a meeting; do employees know heart attack warning signs? can they do CPR? are you encouraging physical activity? do you provide a tobacco-free environment? We’ll discuss these issues and more.
- The basics of heart disease and stroke
- Warning signs and risk factors
- Best practices to improve the cardiovascular health of employees
- How to find tools with the American Heart Association
Links mentioned in the webinar:
- American Heart Association (AHA) Workplace Health Playbook
- AHA Friends and Family CPR Anytime Kits
- AHA Hands-Only CPR
- AHA Foods and Beverage Toolkit
- On-Demand webinar access, slides, and shared files are below
For more information, contact Sherry Haskins at:
This webinar is designed to help employers understand: